4 April 2025

Police want to identify pair after man's jaw allegedly broken in East Row assault

| Albert McKnight

ACT Policing is seeking to identify these men who may be able to assist in the investigation into an alleged assault in the City in February

Police are seeking the public’s help to identify two men after a third man had his jaw broken during an early morning assault in Civic earlier this year.

An ACT Policing spokesperson said the man was allegedly assaulted on the corner of East Row and London Circuit, outside East Row Cafe, by a group of men at around 3 am on 23 February.

He suffered a broken jaw as a result of the alleged assault.

Police spoke to witnesses earlier this year, but on Friday (4 April), police released a CCTV image of two men they wish to identify as part of their investigations.

READ ALSO Police seize more than 2000 firearms during March raids

“As a result of continuing enquiries, police would now like to identify and speak to the men in this image or anyone who knows these men,” a police spokesperson said.

“Police believe these men have information that can assist with the investigation.”

If you saw the alleged assault or have information about the incident, contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website by clicking here. Quote 7982390.

Daily Digest

Want the best Canberra news delivered daily? Every day we package the most popular Region Canberra stories and send them straight to your inbox. Sign-up now for trusted local news that will never be behind a paywall.

By submitting your email address you are agreeing to Region Group's terms and conditions and privacy policy.