
A series of shootings have taken place across Canberra recently. Photo: Michelle Kroll.
Police are investigating a series of recent shootings across Canberra, which resulted in one man being shot in the stomach, another person being injured and a pet dog being killed.
It is now believed a group of three men are responsible for the shootings, which police described as “targetted” attacks.
A gun was fired inside a home in Greenway on Thursday (27 March), resulting in minor ricochet injuries to one occupant in the home, an ACT Policing spokesperson said.
Then, on Friday (28 March), a firearm was discharged multiple times in a home in Downer. A pet dog was killed as a result of the shooting.
On Saturday evening (29 March), emergency services heard that a man had been shot in the stomach at a home on Knox Street, Watson.
The offenders were believed to have fled the scene in a dark-coloured Audi, while the man was taken to hospital in a serious condition.
Also, following an examination of the scene on Knox Street, police discovered that the property had been shot at several times earlier as well, on 25 March.
As a result of the shootings, police executed search warrants in Belconnen and Watson on Monday (31 March).
“ACT Criminal Investigations officers now believe a group of three men are responsible for these four incidents, with the first believed to have occurred around 25 March (2025) in Watson,” the police spokesperson said.
“While these incidents are concerning, police believe these incidents are targeted and there is no wider threat to the community.”
The spokesperson said investigations into these matters are ongoing and urged anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Quote reference number 8008707.
There were also two earlier shooting incidents in Lyneham and Florey last month. However, police don’t think these two are linked to other incidents.
On 12 March, a man was shot in the leg in Florey and was taken to hospital in a serious condition.
Then, on 21 March, a 24-year-old man was charged after another man received minor wounds from shotgun pellets in North Lyneham.
Nah, just the usual sick of seeing billions in gov $ handed to “mates” while creating crappy… View